[Zope] Help! Zope 2.0 upgrade problem.

Joe Grace occam@serv.net
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 05:02:16 -0700

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade to Zope 2.0 on NT.  The install seems to have
worked properly (I can access Zope and the Zope management screen).

However, when I copy over my var/Data.fs to the new installation and run
that, I get a strange error.  Portions of my web pages display the
source code (instead of the fully processed HTML).  I fixed one page
which had "&lt;FONT&gt;" instead of the usual "<FONT>" and that worked
(by updating the source through a management screen).  Then I got caught
with another page where the entire page displayed as source, i.e., the
"<HTML>" had become a "&lt;HTML&gt;" and ruined the whole page.

Has anybody seen this behavior before?  What did I do wrong in upgrading
to Zope 2.0?  I guess my key question is:

    What are the correct steps to upgrade a Zope installation from an
old one to a new one?

I used the following steps (seat of the pants but...):

    Install Zope 2.0 NT.
    Copy old/Extensions to new/Extensions.
    Copy old/lib/python/Products/CustomOnes new/...
    Copy old/lib/python/Shared/CustomStuff new/...
    Copy old/var to new/var (I also tried just old/var/Data.fs to
new/var/Data.fs).

Is there a better perhaps automated and correct way to transfer from one
install to a new one?

Thanks for any solution/help/insights.

= Joe "mystified by this one" Grace =