[Zope] Client Detection in Zope

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 11:14:04 -0400

trafik@torped.se wrote:

> FYI.
> I'm working on a product offering the same
> support the Microsofts ASP environment offers
> with there Browscap.ini, a static fill defining
> diffrent browsers and there propeties.
> Accualy I'm using the browscap.ini file as
> deinition fil in the product but I also
> intend to implement poll functions to
> dynamicly test for javascript- and cookie-support
> as well as special HTTP_* properties.
>
> I'm about to release a beta, if your intrested in
> testning it for me?

Zope doesn't have this ability but it would be very nice, Roxen has a
similar facility called the 'supports' database.  It would be useful to
say:

<dtml-if "supports['javascript']">
  blah...
</dtml-if>

ZPublisher would populate 'supports' for every request from a cached
flat database file.  It wouldn't be too tricky.

-Michel