[Zope] Simple Counter in zope?

Heiko Stoermer heiko@mig.net
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 20:41:23 +0200

chas wrote:

> > This should do it:
> > <dtml-call "propertysheets.YourPropSheet.manage_changeProperties({'count' :
> > count+1})">
> >
> > Keeping in mind of course that you still have that ages old "this creates a
> > transaction each time the method is hit" issue that's
> > come up with the previous counter products...
> [/snip]
>
> btw, if anyone can enlighten me on this "creates a transaction each time
> the method is hit" issue, i'd appreciate it - i couldn't find any thread
> on it and related problems.

well, Zope uses a transaction system, which basically means that you can roll
back activities - the undo screen makes use of this.
I don't know the internals on this, but it seems reasonable that transactions in
general are pretty expensive, so a solution that avoids this would be nice in
this simple case.

Heiko

--
Heiko Stoermer