[Zope] Getting PCGI to work with ZServer - how?

Chris Allen chris_allen@aurema.com
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:00:09 +1000

Hi,

I've just upgraded to Zope2 (using the source dist'n) and I'm trying to work
out how to use the PCGI facility of ZServer instead of pcgi_publisher.py
with Apache.  According to the README.txt for ZServer:

   To use PCGI, configure your PCGI info files to communicate with
   ZServer by setting the PCGI_PORT, PCGI_SOCKET_FILE, and PCGI_NAME.
   The other PCGI settings are currently ignored by ZServer.

OK, so I setup the Zope.cgi file:

   #!/wrk/web/dev/pcgi/pcgi-wrapper
   PCGI_NAME=Zope
   PCGI_PORT=8079
   PCGI_PID_FILE=/wrk/web/dev/pcgi/var/pid
   PCGI_SOCKET_FILE=/wrk/web/dev/pcgi/var/socket
   PCGI_ERROR_LOG=/wrk/web/dev/pcgi/var/log
   PCGI_DISPLAY_ERRORS=1
   INSTANCE_HOME=/wrk/web/dev/Zope

Start up Zope and the server is running fine.  Then I try to access it via
apache and get a "can't locate publisher" error.  So I add the following
line (assuming its ignored by ZServer):

   PCGI_PUBLISHER=/wrk/web/dev/pcgi/dummy.py

Now all I get is:

  pcgi-wrapper: Interrupted system call  (102) failure during connect

All the HOWTO's I could find seem to talk about pcgi_publisher instead of
ZServer.

I guess I'm probably missing something basic here - any pointers??

Thanks,
Chris