[Zope] allowing users to create their own accounts

veritas veritas@linuxstart.com
6 Sep 1999 13:52:59 -0000

hi all!

i have been using Zope for a couple of days now, and lovin' it.....

although, i do have a question:

i'm working on a site which allows anyone to create an account and with that account submit articles via a form on a submission page.  basically, i am trying to get this to a point in which anyone with an account can add articles or perhaps edit their existing articles, so on, so forth.  then once an article is posted it sends me an email to check it out.  once i approve it, i then use Zope's versioning abilities, I could then publish that object which would allow anyone to see it. my question is this, knowing that this very much possible with Zope, how might one go about implementing something like this?

ok, i am going to sneak another question under the radar:
would it be better to use the native "object database" or perhaps a sql based db? or do i lose the versioning abilities if i dont use the object db as the primary means in which to publish?

any suggestions?

veritas
------
Do you do Linux? :)