[Zope] Problems in 2.0 using ZServer ws. using IIS

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:27:42 -0500

I have a project that is being developed for in house use. It will need to run
under IIS in order to use SSL. We are about 2-3 weeks away from deployment.

I have a problem with truncated results being sent back whenever I am routing
through the pcgi wrapper under IIS. Icons do not render completely (if at all)
and html pages are often truncated.

I access zope with http://IP-ADDRESS/scripts/zope.cgi/...

When accessing via http://IP-ADDRESS:8080/... I do not encounter these problems.

An article on the Microsoft Web site claims that these types of CGI problems are
caused by improperly written CGI processes runnig under IIS 4.0, which
implements the CGI standards more strictly than previous versions.

Additionally I seemed to be able to add a new dtml method when accessing Zope
via IIS 4.0.

Comments? Suggestions? Observations?

             Jim Sanford
     ^       Database Engineer
    ^ ^  ^   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
   ^   ^     720 Oak Circle Drive East
  ^  ^  ^    Mobile, AL 36609
 ^ ^     ^   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
^         ^  E-Mail: Jsanford@atinucleus.com
             Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !