[Zope] Zope+Apache config

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 14:41:19 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm configuring Zope to work with Apache. A quick question:

I compiled Zope 2.0 with

# python w_pcgi.py

Then I started up Zope by typing #./start -p '' &
No problems. My site was available at http://foo.bar:8080/

I followed the directions in the Zope and Apache howto and added some
lines to my Apache config file. I made sure the final Rewrite rule pointed
to the Zope.cgi file in my Zope directory. After restarting Apache, my
non-Zope pages are still available just as they should be. Unfortunately,
http://foo.bar/atlas/ (which, of course, refers to a Zope-generated
page) returns an error which says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /atlas/ on this server.

Any ideas? If I understand this correctly, the Zope.cgi file should have
all of the information necessary to access my Zope pages, e.g., ZServer is
running on port 8080.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/