[Zope] The Honest Scoop on Zope

Brian Salisbury brian@hilarious.com
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 23:05:39 -0400

Thanks for your reply Kevin.  You answered most of the other questions that
didn't get answered before.  The advice is helpful.

As far as hosting, I've already got a dedicated server in California.  So I'd
rather try to make this work on it before paying someone more money to host a
site of mine.  But my problem is, with the dedicated option, I don't have root
access.  I can choose to have it co-located, which would mean I would have root
access.  But that means I would be managing the server myself without any
assistance from them.  So now I'm learning Linux and networking et al so I may
be able to manage the server myself remotely.

A couple more questions:

Does Zope help with the organization of "html" files?  Is it easier to know
where stuff is, or find if you don't?

Off-topic Linux question:

Is there anyway to remotely administer my server with an X Window interface like
KDE?

Thanks again,

Brian