[Zope] RE: RE: [Zope] Zope vs. PHP

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 11:48:38 +0200

At 10:18 08/09/99 , Steen Suder wrote:
><SNIP>
> >> 2. Is it easy to have multiple Zope databases?
> >
> > Yes.  Why?
>
>Please explain how it is done (I'm asking due to Linux' ext2 2GB
>filesize limit).

I think your question was misunderstood.

At the time of this writing, you can run multiple Zope instances each with
their own DB, but not one Zope instance with multiple DB's. It is however,
a planned feature to be added in some future release. See the doc/ZODB.txt
document in your Zope installation.

A workaround for now would be to keep large file objects on the filesystem,
use Zope to maintain the metadata, and use Apache to tie the two together.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer