[Zope] New Navigator Product

Jonas Juselius jonas@iki.fi
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:59:23 +0300

Hello!

The Navigator Product is a graphical management device for creating
navigation bars. It is quite flexible, and works quite a bit like a Folder
object, containing other folder like objects and link like objects.
The Navigator makes creation and management of navigation bars
fairly easy, even for unexperienced users. The Navigator has (IMHO) a number
of nice features:

o Possibility to check wether a link exists, and skip broken links
o Automatic expiration of links
o Automatic generation of 'New' tags
o Possibility to make link visible in the future
o Rendering of links is determined by acquired DTMLMethods
o Possibility to define icons for links
o A number of helper functions for use in DTML (e.g. checks if a
  link is inside, or equals, a path in a REQUEST)
o  ...and more

The Navigator Product can be downloaded from

http://www.zope.org:18200/Members/jonas/Navigator

The code seems to work pretty well at this stage, but beware, it is still in
development stage. The code should probably be cleand up a bit, and there is
some duplicate code in the different classes, because something always broke
when I tried a nice inheritance structure ;-(

All comments are wellcome!

jonas
--
	And what is good, Phaedrus,