[Zope] RE: Two newbie questions

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 11:21:01 -0700

--------------2BA83D63629E5E2D3DDE123B

Amos Latteier wrote:

> >  Michael Bernstein wrote:
>
> > Fair enough. I did have one other idea though: Will Topics
> > accept parameters
> > passed to them? Put it another way, will we be able to build
> > dynamic topics?
>
> I don't see much need for this. Do you? Why not just use a search form
> for this kind of thing.

I was thinking that it could be usefull to have a general topic that could be
refined by passing in a parameter, for example filtering out all objects that
have been modified less than a day ago. or only seeing How-To's. It was just an
idea off the top of my head.

Or is this what you meant in your proposal:

> Maybe a hook for somehow filtering the list of
> objects in a topic by overriding a method.

Cheers,

Michael Bernstein.

Amos Latteier wrote:
I was thinking that it could be usefull to have a general topic that could
be refined by passing in a parameter, for example filtering out all objects
that have been modified less than a day ago. or only seeing How-To's. It
was just an idea off the top of my head.
<pre>Maybe a hook for somehow filtering the list of
objects in a topic by overriding a method.</pre>

--------------2BA83D63629E5E2D3DDE123B--