[Zope] RE: Two newbie questions

David Kankiewicz i173327@thegrid.net
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 13:03:46 -0700

Amos Latteier wrote:

> >  Michael Bernstein wrote:

<snip>

> > I had a light go on: I can use Topics in combination with the
> > Calendar tag and
> > acquisition to build custom calendars!
> >
> > Given:
> > /root
> >   /Topic_1
> >   /Topic_2
> >   /Topic_3
> >   /Calendar
> >
> > A URL like /root/Topic_1/Topic_2/Calendar/ should be valid
> > and show me events in
> > both Topics (or categories, whatever)!
>
> Sounds good. In fact I mostly thought of Topics being arranged in
> containment hierarchies, but you could acquire Topics to create combined
> Topics dynamically.

Let me get this straight, how much faster is a python product compared
to something like this done with ZClasses with some properties, ZCatalog
with a method to display them, and a few other things?.

I see some of you extra options that your proposal includes as only
impossible with a product, but just want to clarify, to myself, what
should be done in Zope and what should be done in a product. (Its
getting harder to see the difference)

I think your proposal replaces how I was going to use ZClasses etc,
which is cool :)

TIA,
David