[Zope] Need ZCatalog help

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
09 Sep 1999 21:26:29 -0500

Hi!

OK, it looks like I've been doing things a stupid way by not using
ZCatalog.  I managed to find a ZCatalog.txt buried deep within the
source, but I'm a bit stuck now.

First.  I created a ZClass in my own Application with my Events
class.  Do I need to delete it and recreate it so that it lists
ClassAware as one of its meta types?

When a class is ClassAware, how does it know into which catalog new
items should go?  I haven't been able to make the thing update
catalogs automatically.

What is the purpose of using the Contents tab of a ZCatalog to
actually add items inside it?  What are the pros/cons of doing this?
Why are these objects not automatically cataloged?

Where can I find a reference on the syntax of searching a catalog?

Thanks,

John