[Zope] ZODB vs. Gadfly vs. ???

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
10 Sep 1999 08:41:21 -0500

chas <panda@skinnyhippo.com> writes:

> I haven't used the calendar product yet but whenever speed issues
> like this crop up on the mysql list (eg "MS Access takes 0.1 secs,
> mysql takes > 2 minutes") it is invariably due to one thing
> alone : indexes (or lack of them).  So, shooting in the dark here -
> check the indexes in your zcatalog instance.

I suspect the problem is that I wasn't using ZCatalog at all :-)

Primarily because I still can't figure out how to make the darn thing
work.  But thanks to people in this group, I'm making progress :-)

Once I get everything going, I'm going to have to join the
documentation project, I think.

-- John