[Zope] ZServer log format

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:44:57 -0700

At 12:15 PM 9/10/99 +1000, Itai Tavo wrote:

>I want to ditch Apache and use ZServer directly... but I got Apache
>to write HTTP_AGENT and HTTP_REFERER to the access log file, which
>medusa doesn't do. I couldn't find a way to customize the logs in
>medusa in the docs and after a quick look through the code. Is it
>possible? Or can anyone point me to the place in the code to add a
>patch?

There's unfortunately no easy way to customize this yet. Making the hit
logs more flexible is on my ZServer TODO list.

If you're brave take a look at ZServer/medusa/http_server.py in the
http_request.log method. Unfortunately the CGI environment variables are
not stored in the http_request object, so it's gonna take some work. You
may want to check out LoggingProducer in ZServer/Producers.py.

Good luck.

-Amos