[Zope] solution to RoleManager error when creating zclass inside zclass (was Re: [Zope] outstanding zclass questions.) zclass (was Re: [Zope] outstanding zclass questions.)

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 07:24:12 +0900

>> Sort of - it all comes down to "how do we use zope permissions ?".
>> But question 6 describes a situation that many people will find
>> themselves in when building products with nested classes. Are
>> they broken or is there some secret voodoo mantra that we must
>> chant to get it to work ?
>
>Ok, I've been playing around with this for the past two days, and here's
>what I've been able to figure out so far:
>
>1) Create a Product.
>2) Create a ZClass (Class1).
>3) In Class1, create a ZClass (Class2).
>Class2". Click Change.
>(without changing anything).
>6) Go to the root of your Zope installation and add Class1.  Open Class1
>and click Add.
>
>Works here!

Superb, Nick - it works a treat. Looks like I can have a productive
zope weekend - thanks indeed :)

> I think the key step in getting it to work correctly is top
>open "Class2_factory" and click Change.

Yes... Step 4 isn't even necessary though it is more explicit.

>I don't think it's setting up the
>link to Class2_addForm correctly when it first gets created.

How on earth did you work this one out ?

Thank you again !

chas

ps. I've changed the subject line so that this email/post might be found
    more easily by others searching egroups.com in the future (since egroups
    doesn't do any threading in its archiving)