[Zope] solution to RoleManager error when creating zclass inside zclass (was Re: [Zope] outstanding zclass questions.)

Nick Garcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:42:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, chas wrote:

> > I think the key step in getting it to work correctly is top
> >open "Class2_factory" and click Change.
>
> Yes... Step 4 isn't even necessary though it is more explicit.

Ahhh, great.  That's the first thing that I tried when I ran into this
problem, and I kind of got into the habit of doing it I guess.

> >I don't think it's setting up the
> >link to Class2_addForm correctly when it first gets created.
>
> How on earth did you work this one out ?

Mostly just dumb luck :)  When you get the "Resource not Found" error, if
you view the source it'll tell you the URL that it was trying to go to (as
well as show you the astoundingly informative error message "who knows?")
which happens to be Class2_addForm.  So I went and took a look at the
Class2_factory, which defines the initial method to call during creation.
It was, correctly, set to Class2_addForm, so I decided it just wasn't
stored correctly when you first create the ZClass.  I assumed clicking
Change would store the correct value, and luckily, I was right :)

> Thank you again !
>
> chas
>
> ps. I've changed the subject line so that this email/post might be found
>     more easily by others searching egroups.com in the future (since egroups
>     doesn't do any threading in its archiving)

Good call ;)

Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
CodeIt Computing | http://codeit.com