[Zope] Online Quiz in Zope

srichter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 15:56:01 -0500

Hello everyone,

my school has a set of old computer problems written in BASIC. They are
basically a collection of problem sets, each containing 10 questions. For
each question you get usually one point (there are some sets where there is
only one problem and there are some other exceptions). Sometimes one numerical
result can be carried over to the next problem. Additionally, some problems
have multiple answers.

When the problems will be on the web, the department wants to be able to add
students to list to allow them to do the problems. Some DB then keeps track of
results and so on. These problem sets are homeworks and the student has as
much time as he/she needs. The only thing they cannot do is to repeat the
question in the same try. But they can start over.

Since most people in the department (physics) do not know much about object
oriented programming it will be necessary to create a very easy content
management, including entering the formulas to check the solutions.

Here is the link where you can download the problem sets if you want to:
http://www.cbu.edu/~jvarrian/downcbu.html (Even so they are free, please ...)

I think it would be nice to use some ZClasses and the new PythonMethods for
the problem. I would use ZClasses to create ProblemSet, Problem, ...
I would use the PythonMethod to provide an easy way to enter the formulas to
validate the answers.

Here my question: Did anyone do anything similar I could use? Could you send
me some comments of how you would approach the issue? Where do you see
difficulties?

regards,
stephan