[Zope] Merits of a photo class? (was: checking for existing/nonexisting properties and objects?) properties and objects?)

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:31:51 +1000

chas wrote:

> Bottomline : use <dtml-if caption>

Thanks.

> Sidenote, if you're cataloging a lot of images, you might find it
> easier to create a zclass called, say, "catalogedimage" with
> 2 properties : 'mycaption' and 'myimage'. Then you wouldn't have
> to worry about existence of a property, just the value. But maybe
> I'm just overboard with zclasses lately so ymmv.

I wondered about this.  I've yet to use Zclasses, using only the
standard objects that come with Zope.  I had thought of trying
to implement a photo class that had several key features:

- a caption, photographer, photo_date, photo_location, and
  keywords property
- the ability to store several image objects (differing resolutions
  of same image)
- the ability to render at various resolutions
- buttons to select current rendering resolutions.

Do you see the merit in such a class?  If so, any tips on
implementing this beast, specifically the containment of
an arbitrary number of images.

Cheers,
Darran.

--