[Zope] DTML and Acrobat Forms

Chui Tey Chui.Tey@env.qld.gov.au
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:01:20 +1000

Hi,

I have had Zope running on my Win95 machine for about a week and
starting to come to grips with the Zen of Zope, but still a long way to
go. It is an excellent product.

Has anyone gone down the path before of integrating Adobe Forms with
Zope in DTML? I had a few go's but not too much luck.

For Win32's, Adobe supplies an ActiveX.dll which can parse Adobe Forms
files (.FDF). There is even a Perl module from Adobe around which will
work with the ActiveX.

The problem is that Adobe Forms implement two types of POST to the
server:
a)application/x-www-form-urlencoded or
b)posts the FDF file directly to server

I am trying to implement (b) in Zope. My first hurdle is figuring out
how to implement the equivalent of the following Perl snippet in DTML:

  binmode STDIN;
  read STDIN, $buf, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'};
  $inFdf = Acrobat::FDF::NewFromBuf($buf); # Read the FDF POSTed from
the client

Next, get the ActiveX to work with Zope. Do I need to get into Python
scripts here.

Thanks.

Chui Tey