[Zope] Many Zope questions

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:58:44 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
To: Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com>
Cc: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Monday, September 13, 1999 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Many Zope questions

>Michel Pelletier <michel@digicool.com> writes:
>> To do this, you need to patch ZPublisher.  Zope does not undersand the
>> extra path elements if you rewrite anywhere into the object space other
>> than the root.  This ability is not built into the stock Zope so you
>> don't have a bug, you just need a feature.  I'm not sure who the author
>> or the current maintainer of the patch is.
>
>Shall I file a feature request with the collector so that this patch
>can be folded into future versions of Zope?

If this is not already there as a feature request, I think it would be a
good request.

One comment about this existing patch: It does not do everything one might
want. In *general*, it will remove the unwanted part of the URL. However,
functions like absolute_url() do not give the values you would want. (That
*may* be the only problem, and maybe a small patch to absolute_url is all
that is needed).

Either way, a solid way to host multiple sites out of one Zope would be an
excellent thing.

Kevin