[Zope] mime attachments and multi-part forms

Jay, Dylan djay@lucent.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:36:21 +1000

yes.

> > This seems a big shortcoming in the syntax of the mime tag.
> Has anyone
> > managed to get around this?
>
> This is a block syntax issue in general.  The structure above violates
> the parser rules.  A possibility is to have a conditional
> boudary tag.
> Otherwise you have to write two mime blocks inside a wrapping if -else
> block.
>
> A conditional boundary tag wouldn't be to hard, want to take a stab at
> it?

wouldn't it more sense to modify the boundry tag to be independent of the
mime tag so that you could wrap it. eg.

<dtml-mime>
<dtml-if file>
<dtml-boundry><dtml-var file></dtml-boundry>
</dtml-if>
</dtml-mime>

or even

<dtml-mime>
<dtml-if file>
<dtml-var file fmt=boundry>
</dtml-if>
</dtml-mime>

> > Also, with the multipart form, is there anyway to get at
> the filename of the
> > file uploaded and then subsequently use that as the name of
> the attachment
> > in the email?
>
> You can get to the name, but not attach it to the block.  This is a
> simple fix and would be a good warm up exercise to fulfill your above
> requirements.

So how do I get the name from a file that was uploaded?
Also what is the mime statement to set the name of an attachment in an
email?