[Zope] Cacheing

Peter Sabaini cccp@oeh.tu-graz.ac.at
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:42:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Jason Jones wrote:

:As I understand it, this scheme would pretty much create a cached copy of
:the rendered object which would itself live in the ZODB. It seems like there
:is still a performance penalty with keeping the cached item in the ZODB
:though (even when the object is in-memory), for instance I can serve 30-40
:concurrent static DTML Documents from ZServer on my machine, but when I
:render the same material to disk and serve from apache the performance leaps
:ahead. Maybe a top-level cache should bypass the ZODB altogether if it can,

why not just use some separate subsystem for caching, eq. a squid
in httpd accelerator mode?

it would be necessary to set appropriate cache control headers and
expiry dates. i think this would be possible with zope?

peter.

peter sabaini, mailto: c c c p@oeh.tu-graz.ac.at,
http://oeh.tu-graz.ac.at/~cccp/
Any sufficiently perverted technology is
indistinguishable from Perl. (ca. a.c. clarke)