[Zope] Comma Deliminated Format Databases and Zope

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:36:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, jonathon wrote:

> 	Going through the documentation for Zope, I've come across
> 	a multitude of ways to get SQL Databases into Zope.
>
> 	What I haven't found, is a simple way to import a comma deliminated
> 	format database into Zope.   Does such a critter not exist, or
> 	did I overlook it, in going through the documentation for
> 	SQL?
>
> 	[ My theory is that ZCatalog ought to replace comma deliminated
> 	files, that are found so often in perl cgi scripts, and that the
> 	migration path does not go straight to a SQL database. ]

Hi Jonathon -

You should take a look at TinyTables (from the contibuted section of the
Zope site). It will be a simple matter to add an external method to
'parse' a comma deliminated format and add it in a Zope Folder as a
TinyTable.

Pavlos