[Zope] Add new item menu...

Francisco Sam Castillo fsam@proyecto-web.com.mx
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:38:04 -0500

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> >Hello,
> >I been trying to limit the options that get display on define group of
> >users, Is there a way to limit the options on the selection drop menu for a
> >"Add a new item" for a specific previously define group?

> What version of Zope do you use? Zope 2 does exactly this, it filters the
> addable items list on what items the user actually has permission to add.

Yes I though as much (currently using 2.0 final) but you see I am using
Zgold product to create a registration area for my site, and the python
method use to create users and their directories, grants Manager status
to the new user on their folder, and no matter how detail you go about
defining security rights, the new user will inherit the managers rights
I guess by adquisition, so the user breaches security and has full
access to all products installed, no matter which set of security
options are set.

So I have modified the python method to grant only Owner rights and have
also stablish the access scheme I want to grant but when this is done
the user gets bock out of the non wanted to use areas but still can see
them from the selection menu...and if the user selects them zope will
send a nasty erro message which makes you feel like there is an error
when there's non, BTW is there a way to catch errors and display an
alternate solution from the standard_error_html?

So this is my dilema sorry to write so much...

If you have any ideas as to how to  change this I would appreciete it a
lot, this is driving me crazy...

Sam