[Zope] Creating a Product

dale w lance dale.w.lance@mail.sprint.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 09:08:24 -0500

--openmail-part-13c34c53-00000001

>jonathanbrisbin@excite.com wrote:
>>
>> I'm starting to create a Product in Zope, and I quickly realized I don't
>> know what the heck I'm doing :-)  Can someone export, etc... a product
>> they've created so I can see the Zope methods, propertysheets, etc... that
>> you have to create to get the silly thing working right :-)
>>
>> Maybe someone needs to do a tutorial on actually creating Products?? ;-)

.I assume your talking about through the web products, you can also write
>Products in Python that function identically.  Python products tend to
>be more advanced or interface external resources.
>
>If you go to the beta site http://www.zope.org:18200/ you can download
>the KM|News product, which was designed through the web using ZClasses.
>
>Products do not necesarily require ZClasses, however.  Simple products
>can be made that work just with the standard Zope objects (ZClasses let
>you define new types of objects).  Simple Products are documented in the
>Content Managers Guide.
>
>http://www.zope.org:18200/Documentation/Guides/ZCMG/ZCMG-HTML/ZCMG.11.2.html
>

>-Michel

Sorry for the intrusion,
I also am having problems with this. I have followed the ZCMG (Page 31)
and have no luck.  The ZCMG has a property of 'id' set in the example.
I have tried changing this to other strings and still get the same error.
Can you help?

  Zope Error

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: id

----

Troubleshooting Suggestions

This resource may be trying to reference a nonexistent object or variable
id.
The URL may be incorrect.
The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
source for this page.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for your
patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 214,
in publish_module
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 179,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 201, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: RoleManager)
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 165,
in publish
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: Builder)
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 102,
in call_object
    (Object: Builder)
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py, line 145, in
__call__
    (Object: Builder)
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py,
line 502, in __call__
    (Object: Builder)
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_With.py, line
133, in render
    (Object: manage_clone(Home,REQUEST['id'],REQUEST))
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py, line
321, in eval
    (Object: manage_clone(Home,REQUEST['id'],REQUEST))
  File <string>, line 0, in ?
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_Util.py, line
156, in careful_getitem
  File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPRequest.py, line
758, in __getitem__
KeyError: (see above)

This is on a windoze98 box running Zope 2.0
--openmail-part-13c34c53-00000001--