[Zope] newbie question

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:36:20 -0400

Phil (Susan?) was correct, when you start zope as root, it turns itself
into nobody, just like almost all other servers do.  'nobody' does not
have permission towrite your var directory.  Either run it as a
different user, or change your directory permissions.

If you are running linux, there are several good security references on
LDP site.  You should have a fairly firm grasp of unix security if you
want to run servers.

http://www.linuxdoc.org/

-Michel