[Zope] Using DTML method without HTML rendering?

Li Dongfeng mavip5@inet.polyu.edu.hk
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:43:23 +0800

Thanks! You are right,
the "<" is not converted automatically.
I used str() function in Python program
with the DMML document as argument.
Now I know how to do the <dtml-var ...>
substitution in Python:

  program_code = HTML(program_code, globals())(self, REQUEST=REQUEST)

This way, I can directly access user HTML
form input, inside the program_code(in fact, R program).
e.g., if the "program_code" holds this string:
  x <- "<dtml-var id>"
then after the conversion, it will become
  x <- "my_server"
(assuming "my_server" is the id now).
Isn't this wonderful!

Using <dtml-var ...> can only get string type
data, not multiselection, lists, etc.
I'll try to write an external method to convert
form input to desired types(list, selections,
boolean, etc.). Anyone already done this?