[Zope] folderId

Markus Jais Markus.Jais@linux-ag.de
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:13:18 +0200

hello,

I have the following problem:

I want to map a path from the filesystem to zope.
For example:
If I have the following path in the filesystem:

"/home/wizards/spells/firespell"

then I want zope, to create the folder hierarchy
"/home/wizards/spell"
and "firespell" should be a DTML-Document.

I tried to do this with a external python-method.
My thougt was, to create the folder "home", the
change "self" to the new folder-Id and then, inside
the new folder, create the folder "wizard" an so on.

Here is the while loop, which should do the task:

("parts_of_path" is a list, with the elemtents (home, wizards, spell,
firespell)
according to the above example)

while len(parts_of_path) > 1:
      if path_parts[0] in self.objectIds(['Folder']):
           self = path_parts[0]
      else:
           self = self.manage_addFolder(path_parts[0])  #set self to the
new folder
      path_parts = path_parts[1:]

The problem is, that, when the path is only
"spell/firespell",
then a folder "spell" is created, but when the
path is longer, like above, then I get the following
error-message:

Error Type: AttributeError
               Error Value: 'None' object has no attribute 'objectIds'

I think the problem is the "manage_addFolder" - function.
It returns "None", instead of the folder-Id, which I need.

Has anybody ever hat a similar problem??
I would be very happy, if anybody knows a solution to this.

Thank you!
Markus