[Zope] Zope for Debian available (potato *and* slink) (was: Zope on Debian 2.1)

Gregor Hoffleit flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:36:56 +0200

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

Hi Nate,

have a look at

    http://www.zope.org:18200/Members/flight

The most recent zope.deb from potato will also install on slink.

I removed the dependency on libc6 2.1 since I think it also works fine with
2.0, at least that's my experience until now.

The only prerequisite is that you upgrade to Python 1.5.2. I have recompiled
the potato Python packages for slink, you'll find them as version
1.5.2-5slink at

    http://www.debian.org/~flight/python/slink/

A small drawback: the new slink Python packages may conflict with some slink
packages. If you're running into problems, please contact me.

Btw, searching for "Debian" on the new Zope site should have revealed all of
this. I would have made a major announcement in this list and on
www.zope.org if it wasn't that I'm in a hurry to finish my diploma thesis
next week ;-)

	Gregor

   =20

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 12:52:21AM -0700, NatePuri wrote:
> I am trying to install Zope and have had a rough time.  I have a=20
> Debian 2.1 (Slink) system running here.  Zope comes in binary format
> for debian but would require me to upgrade to Potato.  I have a pretty
> security intensive user base and I don't feel comfortable upgrading at
> this time.
>=20
> I have the Zope components, but I don't know where my 'Python path'
> is for purposes of installation.  I have /usr/bin/python and=20
> /usr/lib/python1.5.  Which is the path.  The one in /usr/bin is
> a binary.  Do I put it in /usr/bin?  Thanks
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> NatePuri ("natedawg")=20
> Certified Law Student
> McGeorge School of Law
> Sacramento, CA=09
> publisher@office.ompages.com=20
> n8fs0n@softcom.net
> http://www.ompages.com
> http://office.ompages.com/~natedawg
> PGP: http://www.ompages.com/PGP.html
> UIN: 43504034=20
> IRC: office.ompages.com #ompages

--=20
| Gregor Hoffleit     admin MATHInet / contact HeidelNeXT |
| MAIL: Mathematisches Institut   PHONE: (49)6221 56-5771 |
|       INF 288, 69120 Heidelberg / Germany  FAX: 56-3812 |
| EMAIL: flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de (NeXTmail)        |

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62--