[Zope] How to rotate the Z2.log log file

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:46:38 -0400

> I don't want that Zope does it for me, and a cron job is fine, but I
> don't know how I could do it. If I rename the file, ZServer doesn't
> create a new one, but uses the renamed (Apache does the same). But
> restarting Zope is not a solution, too. Any ideas?

What needs to happen is that you have to get Zope to close it's log files
and reopen them.  It doesn't (as with all UNIX software) track based on
name, but on inode/fd map information.  If you send Apache a SIGHUP it'll
close and reopen them. ZServer should do the same, but it doesn't.  This is
a good patch opportunity ;-)

Chris