[Zope] delete zclass instance

Mike Mikkelsen mikk@microbsys.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:21:28 -0700

Thanks for the reply.

Ok.  So I copied my ItemClass_add(constructor) to ItemClass_delete and
then changed the following line:

<!--#with "ItemClass.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)"-->

to:

<!--#with "ItemClass.manage_delObjects(self, REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)"-->

but I'm getting a NameError with 'self'.

What should that first parameter be?

Also:  does this appear to be a Zope Newbie question, or a Python Newbie
question?  I'm trying to figure out what will smooth this learning
curve.

Thanx!

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> I believe you're looking for:
>
>     def manage_delObjects(self, ids=[], REQUEST=None):
>         """Delete a subordinate object
>
>         The objects specified in 'ids' get deleted.
>         """
>
> This is from lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py
>
> Kevin

Mike Mikkelsen
mikk@microbsys.com
Micro Business Systems
http://www.microbsys.com
Fresno Linux Users Group
http://linux.fresno.ca.us

    Linux:  The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion