[Zope] Please Help [was New to ZClass Questions]

Albert Kinderman albert.kinderman@csun.edu
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 08:08:07 -0700

On Thursday I asked the following questions and got no response.  Would
someone please offer some advice?

Thanks.

[old message]
I am setting up a site for faculty committees on my campus.  I have just

started using ZClasses with 2.0.0.  I set up a memberProduct so that the

content managers can add members to each of the committees.  So far so
good.  (I'm glad Amos is rewriting the tutorial - things change fast
around Zope!).

I then created an agendaProduct (and will create a similar
minutesProduct).  agendaClass is a folder, i.e. the Base classes include

ZClass_for_folder and ZObjectManager.  I also created an index_html
method for the agendaClass.  The index_html is intended to hold the
actual agenda in html to be displayed when the agenda instance is
viewed.  When I create an instance, say sept16-1999, the instance
contains the index_html which displays correctly, but it cannot be
managed (and has no actual content) since index_html does not show up in

the contents of sept16-1999.

1)  What do I need to do to get index_html to appear in the contents of
the instance?

2)  When the instance is created, the creator is asked for an id and a
date.  I would also like to have the "text" box for the index_html
contents displayed with the choice of direct editing or a "browse"
button for uploading a local file.  In that manner, the content manager
can add the agenda all on one page, creating the instance of the agenda
"folder" and the contents of its index_html at the same time.  Is it
possible?

Thanks.

Al

P.S.  When I created the memberClass (also a "folder"), I did not use
ZObjectManager as a base class, and all the views were automatically
included.  When I created the agendaClass, I included ZObjectManager,
and the views had to be added one at a time.  Feature or Bug?

[end of old message]