[Zope] [Fwd: [Zope] Maximum zope database size BUG on Solaris]

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:58:04 -0400

>     MP> This would be best answered by someone on the list who knows
>     MP> more about sunos then I do.
>
>     >>> -----Original Message----- From: codelarvs@ciudad.com.ar
>     >>> [mailto:codelarvs@ciudad.com.ar] Sent: Thursday, September 16,
>     >>> 1999 5:28 PM To: zope@zope.org Subject: [Zope] Maximum zope
>     >>> database size BUG on Solaris
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> I have Zope 2.0.0 binary distribution on a SPARC SunOS 5.7.
>     >>> My problem is that when the database grows up to 2gb and I try
>     >>> to keep adding files, Zope reports the folowing error:
>     >>>
>     >>> " Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
>     >>> resource.  Error Type: OverflowError Error Value: integer
>     >>> addition "
>     >>  Please send the traceback.
>
> SunOS (and a lot of other oses) have a 2gb size limit on files.  It's
> built into the os and not a problem in zope.  I'm curious as to what
> the answer is.  Can python be compiled as a 'large file aware'
> application, or can you tell zope to split your db into multiple
> files?

Actually, while he says SunOS 5.7, that's actually Solaris 2.7, which does
not have the 2Gb limit on files.  However, you do have to do some voodoo
when you build Python I believe to get this enabled.  I'd look into the
./configure options.  This is also required on Alpha to get the 64bit
offsets.

Chris