[Zope] Newbie property question

Luke Tymowski luket@helena.tymowski.org
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 13:58:40 -0400

Hello,

I want to create a list of URLs and be able to refer to them throughout Zope. I found I can do that by adding a property to the main page. But how do I create separate folder and be able to call its properties throughout Zope?

I want to do that so that if a URL changes I have to update it only once. I don't want to include URLs on the main page because that makes for a monster main property page.

<!--#var biscuit--> will turn into http://www.biscuit.com/ throughout Zope if I add it to the property page for the main page.

<!--#var References/biscuit--> fails if I create a subfolder called References and add biscuit to its property list.

I've gone through all the documentation. I've gone through the mailing list archives. But no go.

Or is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? I want to use ZODB rather than an external database.

thank you,

Luke Tymowski