[Zope] Import Product (howto).(Amos?)

Kuraiken arashi1@pd.jaring.my
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:43:09 +0800

Hello all,

I've had this problem about not being able to "revive" products properly after
distribution. I realize the problem now. However, I can't seem to do what the
howto says:

http://www.zope.org/Members/Amos/ControlPanelDistribution

"""
If you want to move Control Panel Products between Zopes so that the Product is
fully modifiable and
                  equivalent to the original you should use the standard Zope
import/export facility. This is exactly the same
                  thing you would do to move any other type of Zope object back
and forth between Zopes.
"""

I can export the product, it seems, but where do I import it? There's not
import/export tab for products. Not even within a generated "blank" product.

I tried to import into a normal folder (thinking, naively to copy-paste into the
product area) but it says:

object [myobject] does not support this operation! (error, of course)

And a whole bunch of traceback stuff.

So how do we do this import/export product dance? Thanks.

Kuraiken - Python fanatic.
Python. Try it. It'll swallow you whole!