[Zope] Confused about "configuration objects" in ZCMG

Kuraiken arashi1@pd.jaring.my
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:45:49 +0800

Hello all,

I've been virtually tearing my hair out trying to figure out product
distributions.

I've made distros of some products (with zclasses) and when I've installed it
onto the new/target zopesite, the product does not work. I cannot add the
objects from the product. (that is, I cannot create instances of the classes in
the product - they do not appear in the "Add List". On the original site - where
the product package icon is "open", I can add the objects.)

So I figure, this distro thing is not as easy it it sounds...so off I went to
zcmg to see what it has to say about product distros. I followed the instantsite
tutorial right up to the end. At the last page, deciding which to select as the
"configurable objects"...I got stumped. The tutorial did not say explicitly
which one should be selected. So I selected all of the objects.

Installed it on the target server and...no go. There still isn't the item in the
"Add List" - again, on the original (or source) zopesite, it _is_ in the Add
List.

What have I done wrong? There must have been a step I missed or something...

Kuraiken - Python fanatic.
Python. Try it. It'll swallow you whole!