[Zope] RV: About knowledge product....

Francisco Sam Castillo fsam@proyecto-web.com.mx
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:43:47 -0600

Please, please someone help me out I know this issues must be very easy, for
many of you to solve, donīt leave me alone here!....

 Hello, I know I must have mist something really obvious but still, has
 anyone installed the knowledge product?, I have imported it fine, I see the
 FAQ anf KB entry options in my selection menu it works but I just can not
 find the way to set the forms to appear on the site for public view,
because
 if you select either the FAQ or the KB Entry you get a form, and the
 procedure to create the two methods mention on the zope zite will just list
all ready made entries, but
 there is no way to set the input forms to be displayed on the site (for the
users), what am
 I missing here, cud some one help me?

Also If I understand correctly ZOBD3 replaced boboPOS one , there is an
example of a job board
on the old zope site which I guess was design to work with zope 1.x but
fails with version 2.x
is there a guide or how'to to upgrade it and make it work on zope 2.0 ?

One interesting thing is that ZOBD3 being a transactional object databaseand
for example Mysql
that is not, when use together you do get the benefits of transactional
Databases because zope
will rollback if anything goes wrong as a transactional database should do,
and I think this is great
you almost have the best of both worlds without any penalty isn't that
great?

 Thanks a lot in advanced

 Sam