[Zope] Confused about "configuration objects" in ZCMG

Kuraiken arashi1@pd.jaring.my
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 02:44:47 +0800

> >>onto the new/target zopesite, the product does not work. I cannot add the
> >>objects from the product. (that is, I cannot create instances of the
> >>classes in
> >>the product - they do not appear in the "Add List". On the original site -
> >>where
> >>the product package icon is "open", I can add the objects.)
> >
> >Distributed products are non-editable. You should be able to add instances
> >of your ZClasses to Zope everywhere else.
>
> For some reason, this hasn't worked for me. When I've tried to make KM|Net
> News a "distributed" Product, it does not show up in the add list. That is
> why my solution for distribution thus far has been to export it and have
> people import the Product (this also has the added bonus of allowing people
> to tinker with the code).
>
> Kevin

Could the cool folks who managed to get their distributed (and thus sealed)
products to work write a short how to? I just know I'm missing something but I
don't know what it is. And with my luck, it's probably something _real_ simple,
too.

Kuraiken - Python fanatic.
Python. Try it. It'll swallow you whole!