[Zope] Passing the current date to an SQL query

TMGB bennettt@am.appstate.edu
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:52:02 -0400

Actually ,though I may be wrong, I think this avoids a Y2k problem in
that on January 1 I can change the SQL text from 19 to 20.

Just now testing I find that %Y does give a four digit year and if I'm
not mistaking this should be Y2K compliant because of Zope's compliancy.
Had you not responded I probably wouldn't have given it another thought
but instead now I don't have to remember to go back and switch 19 to 20.

Thanx

Thomas

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> TMGB wrote:
>
> > Here is what I use to put the current date into a MySQL field:
> > "<dtml-var ZopeTime fmt="19%y-%m-%d">"
> > 1999-04-25
>
> Um, is it just my imagination, or are you introducing a Y2k problem here?
>
> Isn't there a four digit year format string?
>
> Michael Bernstein.

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II             University Library
bennettt@am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine