[Zope] first 10 steps for the new guy

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:02:29 -0400

Please don't send HTML formatted mail to the zope list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Abraham [mailto:chris@caucus.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 3:20 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] first 10 steps for the new guy

Hi All:

Here I am:

I am going to convert http://memes.org,
which is static and lame to http://memes.org/zgi/
(which is messed up currently, but no matter)
and I need some cool ideas as to how I can

*******************

Cool site.

******************* (I have to do this because your message was HTML
formatted)

a) make it less lame (ie making full use of Zope)
b) make it more dynamic, interactive, and flush

*******************

I would take a look at Squishdot, it's quite cool and easy to set up,
and buys you alot of whiz-bang effect for the buck.

*******************

c) invest in the whole ZoPortal (MemePortal?)

*******************

You might want to talk to Paul about a consulting engagement
(paul@digicool.com)

*******************

d) make http://memes.org/zgi into a site of its own
     and not just a doorway to http://memes.org/caucus

I know that this question can probably be solved in
a FAQ or elsewhere, and if so, would you handhold
me a little bit?

Cheers in Advance,

MemeChris
--
Chris Abraham <chris@caucus.com> Tel: +1 703 243-6622 x503
Caucus Systems, Inc. 2000 N 15th St 207 Arlington VA 22201