[Zope] Acquisition inquisition

Ben Glazer glazer@scicomp.com
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:00:17 -0500

I appear to misunderstand how acquisition works in Zope, as it's not
behaving like I expect it should.

This is what my folder structure looks like in Zope:

	/
		+ test
			+ education

Both / and test contain DTML methods called standard_html_header.  A file in
/test/education contains the following line:

	<dtml-var standard_html_header>

This causes the header in / to be used, and not the one in /test.  I thought
that methods were acquired from containers.  Since /test contains education
more immediately than / contains /test/education, why does a DTML method in
/test/education seem to default to acquiring methods from / ?

Thanks,
Ben