[Zope] Undo is no longer available

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:27:33 +0100

At 11:31 am +0100 23/9/99, Tony McDonald wrote:
>I don't seem able to undo anything anymore. One of my 'sub-managers'
>was renaming something and said he came across an error. I tried
>clicking the 'Undo' button and got 'System Unavailable' with this
>traceback;
>
><!--
> Error type:  error
> Error value: unpack str size does not match format
> -->
><P>
><hr width="50%">

[snip]

>-->
>
>I've also found that I went over quota on the account that this Zope
>installation is running on...this is bad news, right?

Answering my own mail, it's a slow day in ZopeLand.

Basically, the Data.fs file was stuffed. I couldn't use Undo or add
any other objects. I had to replace it with the Data.fs file I had
(fortuitously!!) saved from the night before.

Warning to others: check your quota on accounts that you run Zope
under. It seems there's no way to recover from this situation, other
than to use a backup (if you've got one).

Tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2