[Zope] Using colon and type identifiers in names with javascript

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:15:12 -0500

I like the ability to type a variable for zope by using the vname:string syntax.
However, javascript does appear to like variable names with embedded colons.

My site is an inhouse site for access to company customer and order data. Our
html forms make extensive use of javascript for validation and on form lookups
and therefore I have not been able to use the colon+type feature in my variable
names.

Is there an alternate?

Could I suggest something like vname__zpstring systax? Does anyone have any idea
what module(s) would I need to patch to make this work? I would think that
something that takes the request data as it comes in and translates __zp in any
passed variables to a colon would work.

Any suggestions?

             Jim Sanford
     ^       Database Engineer
    ^ ^  ^   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
   ^   ^     720 Oak Circle Drive East
  ^  ^  ^    Mobile, AL 36609
 ^ ^     ^   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
^         ^  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
             Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !