[Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #420 - 60 msgs

Albert Kinderman albert.kinderman@csun.edu
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 22:28:50 +0000

From the Digest:

> Message: 5
> From: "Andy  Pahne" <ap@net22.net>
> To: <zope@zope.org>
> Subject: [Zope] my last mod_rewrite question
> Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:44:47 +0200
> charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> I think managed half the way of this mod_rewrite-stuff, it was not easy for
> an newbie like me.
>
> I setted up this folder structure in Zope
>
> root-folder
> projectsite
> ------------------------
>   |                          |
> site1                  site2
>
> I have a virtual domain called www.zopetest.net and I designed the
> rewrite-rule in that manner, that zopetests' root-folder referrs to Zope's
> /root/projectsite/site1
> That works fine, I can access the site, and passing authentification headers
> works as well, but if I view the management-window, it tells me, that my
> location is:
>
>    /projectsite/site1//projectsite/site1//projectsite/site1/.........
>
> I know that Zope works that way, but I'm not sure, if the people responsible
> for maintaining the projectsite will be confused about this.
>
> I did not forget to put the l-flag (yes, the letter l and not the digit 1)
> into the options of RewriteRule, so I wonder why mod_rewrite works a second
> time on the already rewritten URL
>
> Any Suggestions?
>
> Andy Pahne

This is not a Zope problem, but an apache feature.

If you rewrite Zope to Zope.cgi/projectsite/site1

then a reference to Zope/projectsite/site1 is rewritten to

Zope.cgi/projectsite/site1/projectsite/site1

Note that Zope.cgi/projectsite/site1 replaces every reference to Zope in
the rewrite rule, just AS YOU ASKED IT TO.  Repeated requests continue
to add to the length of the url, as you noticed.  This one bit me too.
I couldn't understand why the apache rewrite rule would actually do what
I asked.  8=)

Al

Albert Kinderman              California State University, Northridge
albert.kinderman@csun.edu     Department of Management Science