[Zope] zclasses - changing properties

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:18:49 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: kedai <kdie@kedai.com.my>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Friday, September 24, 1999 6:08 AM
Subject: [Zope] zclasses - changing properties

>creating an instance and
>adding thru management interface is OK.  adding thru self made form is not
. there's no error.  i did get the values right after the add_url_id_cons
method.
>the url to try : www.kedai.com.my:8080/test/MiscLinks/News/add_url_id

It appears to me that it is getting added. If you go to your links page, you
will notice that it displays a bunch of blank lines. This is because the
MetaData in the Catalog is not getting updated, becase...

>-----------------add_url_id_cons---------------
><!--#var standard_html_header-->
> <dtml-with "Urls.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)">
>
>       <!--#call "propertysheets.Urls.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)"-->
></dtml-with>
><dtml-call reindex_object>

The <dtml-call reindex_object> needs to happen inside the <dtml-with> block.
Why? Because you need to call reindex_object on the new object. Doing it
outside the with block like this, you are actually calling reindex_object on
the container of the new object.

Kevin