[Zope] Z SQL question..

Francisco Sam Castillo fsam@proyecto-web.com.mx
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 15:43:42 -0600

Hello,

I have huge problem here, mainly because of my lack of knowledge and
understanding of Z SQL methods, I really need some help, and I am hopeing
some one would be willing to give me some light on the following issue:

I have succeded in creating a dtml form and sql method base on the marvelous
how-to recently posted on the subject, but I have different needs, I have
created a Mysql database that serves to generate users accounts, and
collects many info from them, the problem here is that I made the database
with two indexes one with the auto-increment feature (no problem here) and a
second one the email field that I have instuct mysql should be unique too,
and thus when a user gets created if the email address exists, mysql won't
allow insertion of new data base on the previous rule which is exactly what
I want it to do, my problem is that I need to test this condition before so
that if the email exists then the user gets a message telling her/him that
either she/he most choose another email address, to avoid the error screen,
or edit his current record which would need a some sort of validation as
being the rightfull owner of the afore mention account.

I know this might be to much to as of you all, but I am really stuck I have
try many approaches unseccesfully and thats why I ask of you to help me if
you will...

Thanks a lot in advanced...

Sam