[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Transactions support on MySql

Ping Lau pinglau@tm.net.my
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:15:54 -0500

> Ping wrote:
>> 1. From what I read, Zope supports transactions.  If I
>> want to use MySql as my backend database, can Zope
>> still support atomic operations since MySql does not
>> support transactions?
>
> Evan wrote:
>Zope will still support transactions on *Zope objects*.  Your MySQL
>database will not participate in the transaction, so all SQL statements
>executed will remain in effect even if the Zope transaction aborts.
>You might be able to handle this with explicit logging in MySQL, if the
>changes aren't too complicated.

Another alternative I have in mind is using ZODB to store my business
objects.  Has anyone used ZODB as the backend?  How stable is it?  In terms
of doing query, does Zope have a similar SELECT statement in RDBM?

Regards,
Ping