[Zope] Newbie's Installation: Port number

Phil Harris phil@philh.org
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:03:59 +0100

Hi Suthiporn

You could try just about any port number that isn't reserved by your server.

Generally reserved ports are below 1024, so try something like 9673 (that
was the old zope port btw).

Phil
phil@philh.org

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Suthiporn Prinyanupap
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 7:36 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Newbie's Installation: Port number

Hello,

I already downloaded Zope-2.0.1-src and sucessfully compiled wo_pcgi.py
(Zserver on Red Hat 6.0). When I was trying to run ./start, I got an error
'Address already in use'. According to INSTALL.txt, I should change the port
number using 'z2.py -w new_port_number'. My question is what new port number
I should fill in. Can it be any port number? How can I know available port
number?

Thank you
S. Prinyanupap
prinyanu@hotmail.com