[Zope] specialized Zclass constructors

Joshua Brauer joshua@brauer.org
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:53:38 -0600

Short version:
Can I setup a new constructor for Zclasses?

Long version:

	I've been working on a calendar/planner project. In so doing I've created a number of Zclasses such as todo and contact classes. They each have a similar set of methods (new, edit) and a set of properties (varies based on class). What I'd like to do is have a Zclass "builder" that when I enter a new class and its properties creates the new and edit methods (forms for inputting the properties of the instance of the class). In an ideal world the new and edit classes would be such that when a change is made to the number/type of properties that a class has it would also change the new/edit forms to reflect the new properties.
	1) Is there an easy way to do this that I am overlooking?
	2) Can I edit the construction of new Zclasses from within Zope or does it require editing the Python code in the Zope dist?

Josh Brauer
                                    # # #

Joshua Brauer                                         Box 915
http://www.brauer.org                          Fort Collins, CO 80522
Fax: (419) 793-4120
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
          -- Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900